Cabinet Refacing Service
Often, when people want to update their homes, the first thought is to rip out and replace the cabinets. This can lead to an unnecessarily messy and expensive project. Cabinet refacing is one alternative to consider, but when you decide that you want to update the cabinets in your kitchen, N-Hance’s® cabinet refinishing brings the best value and results. Rather than replacing the entire cabinet unit or refacing with new cabinet doors, you can simply update the outside to make it look fresh and brand new.
Should you update your cabinets?
Over time, cabinets can get worn down by regular use, and they’ll start to look dull. Sometimes fashion trends evolve, leaving your old kitchen hardware looking dated. Other times you might just feel like a change is in order because your kitchen doesn’t reflect who you are. In any of these scenarios, cabinet refinishing is a superior option to cabinet refacing or replacement and can do a lot to bring a fresh, new look to your kitchen.
What makes N-Hance refacing superior to traditional cabinet refacing?
Traditional cabinet refacing can take as long as five days, and that’s not including the week or more it can take to order the veneer and doors. It involves completely replacing the cabinet doors and fixtures you already have installed, which is expensive. With N-Hance, your time until completion will be shortened by days, if not weeks. You can even use the same cabinet doors you already have. N-Hance’s process will update the doors in your kitchen and have them looking brand new.
Traditional cabinet refacing vs. N-Hance’s Refacing Process
|Traditional cabinet refacing
|Average completion time
|1-3 days (~5 days for custom colors)
|Works with existing cabinet doors
|Dependent on provider
|Dependent on provider
|Dependent on provider
|Dependent on provider
|⅓ traditional costs
N-Hance offers hundreds of color options to choose from, meaning you have a near-endless array of options in how you want your kitchen to look. N-Hance will even help you choose, walking you through the process of deciding which finish perfectly suits your style. After selecting from our wide variety of colors, you can also customize the look with a finishing technique such as a glaze, antiqued,look or other accenting.
How much does it cost?
If you select traditional cabinet refacing, you can end up spending thousands of dollars very quickly, with some projects rising to $10,000 or higher! N-Hance’s cabinet refinishing process, meanwhile, costs a fraction of other kitchen cabinet refacing services. Because we use the cabinet doors that you already have in place, there is no need to replace them.
Cabinet Refacing FAQs
What are some of the benefits of cabinet refinishing over traditional cabinet refacing?
The most obvious benefit of updating your cabinets is how it will make you feel about your kitchen. There is just a feeling of freshness and newness, being in a space that is decorated in just the way you choose. Replacing the entire cabinet, however, is a bit of an overreaction and comes with a whole lot of mess, inconvenience, and expense.
With cabinet refacing, you need to worry about matching the new cabinet doors with the original boxes. If they don’t match, then you may end up with the added headache of having the new doors, drawers, and existing cabinet boxes all refinished to match one another. This can add several days, or even weeks, during which you will have little to no access to your kitchen. N-Hance’s cabinet refacing process can take as little as a single day, and it doesn’t leave behind any of the dust. You won’t have to spend any extra money on new cabinets and hardware, and you won’t have to find a way to dispose of your old cabinets, which will likely end up in a landfill.
How does N-Hance’s cabinet refinishing process work?
N-Hance is an affordable and innovative option for refinishing your wood cabinets without the expense, excess dust, inconvenience, and long-lasting ;odors that traditional kitchen cabinet refacing and cabinet painters can bring. We clean the cabinets you already have and give new life to them, making them look both modern and well-maintained without the mess or cost.
N-Hance’s Lightspeed® Instant-Cure Wood Refinishing is what really sets us apart from our competitors, with minimal odor associated with it. Because it dries so quickly, it also allows N-Hance to complete most jobs in half the time as traditional cabinet refacing or refinishing companies. The Lightspeed process also cures the wood surfaces using a powerful ultraviolet light, giving your cabinets an extra layer of durable finish.
N-Hance’s process includes the following steps:
- Preparation and Detail. The N-Hance technician will mask and drape the job site first thing, to ensure that your property is kept safe from stains, scratches, or other damages. There is no need for you to sweep or vacuum before we come because our technicians always sweep and vacuum the site before working in order to remove dust from the surrounding area. The N-Hance technician will hand clean any tight areas of the cabinet to make sure that it is in the best shape possible before applying our finish. This step also includes removing and cleaning air conditioning vents to remove any dust that may be caught inside.
- Cleaning. Our technician will go over your cabinet surfaces and remove any contaminants that may have accumulated, such as dirt, wax, and grease build-up. This will help the new coating to go on evenly and last longer.
- Patching. If the current cabinets are scratched or cracked, we will patch and fill those flaws. (This step is not required in all situations.)
- Application. During the application stage, the N-Hance technician will spray between 3 and 5 coats of the color you have selected. Following the application, the technician will completely dry the cabinets.
- Protective Finish Application. Finally, the N-Hance technician will add a layer of our Protective Clear Coat Finish. N-Hance’s Lightspeed® process instantly cures the coating, meaning there is no drying time. The technician may also apply a second coat of finish in order to ensure that your cabinets are well-protected and look new for years to come.
- Inspection. After the process is complete, you and the technician will inspect the completed project together to make sure that you are happy with the results.
Is it environmentally friendly?
By using N-Hance for your cabinet refacing, you can rest easy, knowing that you have chosen an environmentally sound option. While many cabinet refacing options entail completely replacing your doors and fixtures, N-Hance renews what is already there, saving trees and fossil fuels, and reducing greenhouse emissions. Our process also doesn’t result in a lot of dust, meaning your home will not be filled with sawdust that can clog up your lungs and negatively impact your health. We also use high-performance, water-based polyurethane finishes with fewer Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
How long will my cabinets last?
Your finished cabinets will have the same durability and life as you would find in a high-quality, factory finished cabinet. To further extend their life, we recommend our N-Hance Clean and Recoat process, which can further extend your cabinets’ appearance. By properly maintaining your cabinets, you can keep your cabinets looking beautiful for longer!
Will it increase my home value?
Kitchen remodels have proven to be one of the most beneficial home improvements you can make when it comes to increasing the value of your home, with potential returns of between 3 and 7 percent, according to Consumer Reports. Because N-Hance is a fraction of the cost of replacing or refacing your cabinets, your budget will go much farther, allowing you to update other areas of your kitchen to match, such as a new countertop, new appliances, or a new backsplash over your stove. N-Hance is a lower-cost option that can bring high satisfaction while you are living in the home and high returns, should you eventually decide to sell.
How do I contact my local N-Hance?
We have a simple search tool right here on our website! Simply click the button that says “Search For Local N-Hance” at the top of the page. When you fill in your address, you will be given a phone number to contact the N-Hance office closest to you!